Guidelines and Associated Costs for Public Access
to Northern Water & Muncipal Subdistrict Records
Most requests for Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District (Northern Water) information may not require a formal CORA process. Go to the Contact Us
page or call our reception desk at 1-800-369-7246 to request general information.
Northern Water and its Municipal Subdistrict are quasi-municipal subdivisions of the State of Colorado. As such, Northern Water is subject to the requirements of the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. 24-72-201, et seq. (commonly known as “CORA”) which provides that, “...the official custodian of any public records may make such rules and regulations with reference to the inspection of such public records as are reasonably necessary for the protection of such public records and the prevention of unnecessary interference with the regular discharge of the duties of the custodian of his office.”
Therefore, Northern Water has adopted the following rules and costs.
Formal requests for records access should be in writing (letter or e-mail) and submitted to:
Northern Water - attention Records Custodian
220 Water Avenue
Berthoud, CO 80513
Record requests should include:
- The name and/or agency (if any) making the request
- The contact information for a response, including address, phone number and email
- Specific dates, features, projects, topics ...etc.
Those records that qualify per CORA for public inspections will then be made available at Northern Water’s Berthoud headquarters building between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday by appointment.
Records can also be copied (depending on format) and provided to requesters based on the fees listed below.
- 81/2" x 11" paper copies: 25 cents per page; first five pages are gratis
- Microfilm images to paper: 25 cents per page
- 11" x 17" paper copies: 30 cents per page
- Facsimile (faxed) pages: 25 cents per page, limit 40 pages
- Electronic images: Actual cost of delivery device used; no charge for electronic transmission
- Maps and aerial photos: Actual costs as determined
Research, collection: $30 per hour; first hour is gratis as mandated by Colorado Revised Statute.
Cost estimates will be provided upon request. Call 800-369-7246 for estimates or to ask additional questions.